Regional Healthcare Preparedness Coordinator
The Maryland Hospital Association is seeking qualified Regional Healthcare Preparedness Coordinator for the Region I & II (western Maryland) coalition in Maryland. Healthcare coalitions seek to incentivize diverse and often competing healthcare organizations to work together to improve overall healthcare system preparedness. Coordinators will play an active and significant role in preparing our critical medical infrastructure. In this role, your will serve as the conduit between the Coalition, state government, and community stakeholders to lead and develop regional preparedness efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, facilitating coordination amongst regional partners, participating in regional and state-level projects and committees, coordinating emergency preparedness/response activities, and ensuring compliance with ASPR’s Hospital Preparedness Program regulations. This is a great opportunity for detail-focused individuals wanting to start a career in emergency management.
This is a full-time, grant funded position. The grant has been in place since 9/11 through the Assistant Secretary of Preparedness & Response's Hospital Preparedness program. Most of the work will be remote but candidates will need to be able to work in Western Maryland two to six times a month for coalition meetings, site visits with members, and events Additionally, the coordinator will need to come to the main office in Elkridge, MD from time to time.
As the Regional Healthcare Preparedness Coordinator, you will:
- Work with Coalition Chairs, coalition members, and MHA subject matter experts to track and complete HPP grant deliverables.
- Collaborate with regional leadership in the creation, development, education, training, and implementation of disaster plans that are in alignment with state and other regulatory agencies.
- Build and sustain strong relationships with Coalition leadership and stakeholders by leading meetings, work groups, and conferences.
- Assist regional Chairs with the development of reports and presentations.
- Conduct procurement, support inventory management, and ensure operational readiness of all Coalition equipment.
- Identify and maintain contact information for community response partners, coalition members, and other stakeholders.
- Manage the development and expensing of the emergency preparedness budget
- Manage various grant management, administrative, and logistical duties as assigned by the Coalition Chairs.
- Participate in the preparation and administration of assigned budget; submit budget recommendations; monitor expenditures.
- Develop an annual procurement strategy based on regional requirements.
- Provide correspondence to stakeholders via various platforms.
- Participate in Coalition sponsored training and exercise events.
- Assists with promoting a common operating picture and information sharing during operational disaster responses affecting the region.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years of full-time work experience in emergency management, emergency preparedness, health care, public health or a related field.
- Completion of FEMA ICS 100, 200, 700 and 800.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals as well as large groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed within the Coalition region.
The Maryland Hospital Association offers our employees a low-cost, comprehensive benefits package, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and more.
MHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. Visit us online at www.mhaonline.org to find out more about our organization.
Please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.