Thanks to a commitment by Maryland’s hospitals, in 2014 Maryland became one of the first states in the nation to implement a NEW proactive, community-based health care model. The vision: to help you get healthy and stay healthy for life.
Video can be downloaded to use at your hospital
English version | Spanish version
(Click link to view in full screen. Download to your computer by right clicking the link.)
How Maryland's new health care model works
Under the new model, Maryland’s hospitals are introducing FREE and low-cost proactive, community-based programs to get you the care and support you need—when and where you need it. Examples include:
Bedside prescription delivery and pre-scheduled follow-up appointments before you leave the
- Health navigation programs to guide you to the correct doctors, medications, and services
- Wellness services, from preventive health screenings to fitness classes
- Support services to help you take control of chronic diseases such as diabetes and congestive heart
Every hospital offers a wide selection of programs at convenient locations around your community.
Is the new approach working?
Yes! In the first year of the new model, Maryland’s hospitals:
- Reduced hospital complications by 26%
- Reduced preventable hospital stays by more than 6%
- Reduced hospital readmission rates faster than the nation
It all adds up to better health care—and a better quality of life—for you.
Visit the links in the boxes above (or below) to find your local hospital and see all the ways it's reinventing health care for you.
Maryland Faith Community Health Network
The Maryland Faith Community Health Network is one initiative that is bringing care beyond hospitals’ four walls. This program is based on the successful Congregational Health Network program from Memphis, Tenn., where hospitals and trained volunteers in faith communities work together to better serve ailing members. Find out more.
LifeBridge Hospitals Partner with Faith Leaders to Improve Patient Health
The Baltimore Sun, February 15, 2016